Andddd… ratings numbers are in for the All-Star Game. And… *mock-shock-awe* they’re terrible! Lowest overnight rating ever.
Who do they blame?
Who do I blame?
But that’s just me.
The rest of the internet is still up in arms about the Cheater’s absence saying it sabotaged All-Stars.
I’ve already said I think he’s a prick for not showing up. But I don’t think the guy is a sabotaging prick. I just think he’s an inconsiderate prick. And I think there are bigger problems afoot than a Jeter snub. Seriously. If the game is so lame (<-hah! a rhyme) that a few absent Yanks on the roster can do THIS to your ratings, there are a few more problems that need to be addressed.
That’s not Jeter-Gate.
THIS is Jeter-Gate.
Jeter-Gate is that kid we already talked about- the 23-year-old who caught the ball. I’m not the only one calling him a schmuck. As I first reported days ago… that schmuck may have to pay the IRS. THAT IS WHY YOU DON’T GIVE THINGS THAT ARE WORTH $250K TO BAZILLIONAIRES.
It’s sad, really. 3,000 hits? A great accomplishment. And there’s been more news about Jeter’s absence and Jeter’s ball (hah), etc, etc, etc. 23-year-old fan, part of that is your fault.
See, Yankees fans, there is no mercy for you.
Seriously, this guy is a schmuck. See? He admits it:
“I’m just waiting for the IRS phone call,” Lopez told ABC News.com today. “I’m not going to let something like the IRS stand in my way from enjoying myself. For right now, I’m going to enjoy everything I can.”
I’d enjoy it on debit if I were you, champ.
Hopefully, Jeter does the right thing and bails this guy out.
In other Jeter news, he’s super old. Want to read a great article about how old Jeter and A-Rod are (with a bonus injection of steroids)? Click HERE.
And… bad news for everyone’s favorite engorged neck, Jorge Posada! His role could further be diminished. Stay tuned for another temper tantrum, and click HERE for the details.
Okay, guys. I’m ready for baseball. Can the All-Star break be over already?
- A Youktastic Wednesday. But Youktastic means something different, see…
- I do not want to talk about it.
- Youkilis is turning me into a bad Rihanna joke. I want to blog about something else but I can’t.
- I can’t sleep and it’s because of that blasted Youkbot.
- Johnny Damon loves my blog. Why else would he keep saying things just for me?
- A new direction. Um.
- Robinson Cano, if you want a boyfriend, try Match.com, not Joe Fink.
- Kevin Youkilis wants me to be a Stepford Wife but I don’t DO dishes.
- Lauren meets Kevin Youkilis