A baseball, or your student loans?
UPDATE: 5:32. Apparently the fan… the guy who gave the 3,000 ball back to Jeter? He may be liable for up to $13 k in taxes. Isn’t it great to be an American?
Now back to your original post.
Kid has $100k in student loans. $250k-$100k is $150k.
Things that cost LESS than $150K. Food for starving people (like you, 23-year-old with $100k in debt). High interest mutual funds. Ponies. A down payment on a house. A car. A boat. A dock for the boat. A puppy. See where I’m going with this?
Say it’s David Ortiz. Or Jason Varitek. And this is miracle world. And this is hit number 3,000. Do you give it back? Do you keep it? Or do you say, bye-bye debt and smelly recession, hello boat and good credit?
Because, call me unsentimental, but it’s a ball. It’s cork, people. Cork and wool and rawhide. I looked it up on the internet. I only have (only, hah!) about $20k in debt, and I think I’d hock it. I’d hock it and I’d have $230k. I love you Tek. Desperately. But I know what your paycheck says and I know you could afford to buy it from me.
Does that make me a bad person? I’d hock it and use my $250k to pay off my debt, buy my boat and manipulate Kevin Youkilis into going for a sail. Because a sail is better than a piece of cork when it’s part of getting you out of debt. Does that make me heartless?
See, I have a moral conflict. It’s greatly troubling.
Does this make a… YANKEES fan a… *gasp* better person than me?
What would you do? Really? Be honest…
- A Youktastic Wednesday. But Youktastic means something different, see…
- I do not want to talk about it.
- Youkilis is turning me into a bad Rihanna joke. I want to blog about something else but I can’t.
- I can’t sleep and it’s because of that blasted Youkbot.
- Johnny Damon loves my blog. Why else would he keep saying things just for me?
- A new direction. Um.
- Robinson Cano, if you want a boyfriend, try Match.com, not Joe Fink.
- Kevin Youkilis wants me to be a Stepford Wife but I don’t DO dishes.
- Lauren meets Kevin Youkilis